Become spring and summer ready Discover How

There are many ‘it’ ingredients that come and go in the beauty industry. Amidst all the trends, Vitamin C remains one of the most beneficial and sustaining skincare ingredients on the market. If you haven’t tried it yet, we’ve outlined the top three reasons why you should integrate a Vitamin C serum into your skincare routine.

Vitamin C serumActivates collagen synthesis

Part of the aging process that leads to enlarged pores, wrinkles and sagging skin relates to the deceleration of collagen production. This paired with intrinsic aging factors, lifestyle and environmental triggers means that we lose collagen at a faster rate than it can be replaced. After the age of 18 we lose 1 per cent of our collagen every year; by the time we’re 40, we have lost nearly 25 per cent of our collagen stores. Vitamin C helps to neutralize free radicals that degrade collagen fibres, and to activate the process of collagen synthesis. This slows down the aging process and improves the texture and tone of the skin.

Improved radiance

Vitamin C aids in lightening hyperpigmentation by helping to inhibit the production of melanin in the skin. A noticeable radiance and clarity of the skin tone is achieved through daily use of a highly concentrated Vitamin C serum.

Enhanced photoprotection

With spring in full swing, we can already feel the intensity of the sun increasing. While this is a welcome change, the need to protect the skin against sun damage becomes more pressing. Wearing sunscreen is the obvious solution; however, it does not shield the skin against 100 per cent of UV light. An SPF of 30 protects against 97 per cent of UV rays. For the remaining 3 per cent of damaging exposure it has been shown that when Vitamin C is present in the skin, sun damage is minimized.

The icing on the cake

SkinCeuticals Serum Obagi Professional C SerumMedical-grade Vitamin C serums are highly concentrated and can provide antioxidant protection for up to 18 hours. We suggest applying your serum in the morning after cleansing the skin to benefit from the environmental protection it provides throughout the day.

With the fantastic skin health benefits available, it makes perfect sense to use a Vitamin C serum daily. This skincare essential will maintain your skin at its best for today and for years to come. At Preventous Cosmetic we carry a range of Vitamin C serums from SkinCeuticals. We invite you to visit the clinic for a complimentary consultation and product demo. Call 403.229.0129 or email to request an appointment today.

Book a

  • Tell us more...
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Free Health & Beauty Tips