Whether you’re receiving Botulinum toxin injections for hyperhidrosis for facial wrinkles, you may have a medical condition or lifestyle situation that makes it inadvisable for you to have this treatment.
What Your Doctor Needs to Know
Before receiving any injections, you should tell your doctor about:
- Any breathing, swallowing or bleeding problems
- Plans to have surgery
- Previous facial surgery
- Forehead muscle weakness
- Drooping eyelids or any other changes to your normal facial appearance
- Allergies to any of the ingredients in Botulinum toxin
- Any previous treatments with Botulinum toxin or other neuromodulators
- All prescription and non-prescription medications you are taking
- Vitamins and herbal products use
- Any use of muscle relaxants
- Antibiotic injections you have received
Who Should Not Have Botulinum Toxin Injections?
You should not have injections if you:
- Have any diseases that affects your muscles and nerves
- Have a skin infection near the site to be treated
- Are pregnant or planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding
- Have a neurological disorder
- Are under 18 or over 65 years of age
- Have had an injection less than three months ago
For more information about injections, side effects and precautions, visit the Allergan Canada website.