LATISSE® Eyelash Growth and Eyelash Enhancement
Eyelash growth is possible! Watch your eyelashes grow longer, thicker and more beautiful each day with our easy-to-use eyelash enhancement treatment.
The following information gives you background on eyelash growth and possible eyelash enhancement treatments. If you would like to learn more about the our solution for eyelash growth, visit the best of the eyelash growth products. < link to treatment page >
Understanding Eyelash Growth
You grow eyelashes the same way you grow hair on the rest of your body. Hairs grow out of hair follicles, each producing about 20 hairs. The hair growth cycle is:
- Active eyelash growth phase (anagen). This phase varies from person to person but is normally about 4 – 6 weeks. Each eyelash follows it?s own cycle so there are always some that are growing at any given time.
- Resting phase (catagen). During this phase, your hair follicles take a rest for several weeks, producing no new hairs.
- Shedding phase (telogen). As new hair grows, older hair is pushed out. This phase lasts for several months. Only some of your eyelashes are in this phase at any given time.
What Causes Thin Eyelashes?
Thin eyelashes are a common concern for many women for a number of reasons, including allergies or reactions to drugs, cosmetics, glue in fake eyelashes and sometimes even the use of contact lenses.
The two most common reasons for wanting eyelash growth are:
- Aging. Just like the hair on the rest of our body, your eyelash hairs get thinner and more brittle as you age. Hair follicles become weaker and can?t produce the same amount of hair.
- Hypotrichosis. This is simply a medical term describing the common condition of having less than a normal amount of hair. Some people just naturally have less hair than others.
The most popular choices for eyelash enhancement are:
- Fake eyelashes or eyelash extensions. These can be annoying and may cause irritation or damage from glues.
- Mascaras. These may improve the look of your eyelashes but can be pricey, may contain harmful ingredients and may run.
- Eyelash growth products. There are a number of products on the market that claim to increase eyelash growth. Most have not been subjected to clinical studies to prove their effectiveness.
Looking for a Solution?
Read about the best of the eyelash growth products and discover the most effective eyelash enhancement treatment for you.